What Kind of Hair Extensions Do We Offer?
As you probably know, 6ixHairExtensions offer three types of extensions: tape in hair extensions, keratin bonded hair extensions and beaded weft hair extensions. If you’re brand new to extensions, you probably have a lot of questions about what’s the difference between these three types of extensions and which would be suited best to the look you’re hoping to achieve and your hair type.
What They Have in Common
Extensions, regardless of which kind you decide to purchase, are a great way to change up your look without any long term commitment or use of chemical treatments. And once they’re installed, you can still wash, cut, heat style and even dye them!
Tape In Extensions
Tape in extensions are probably the most well-known type, after clip-in extensions. The name gives away their whole deal – they’re hair extensions that have tape on one end so you can tape them onto your hair. In truth, the process isn’t that simple but, it isn’t as complicated as the other extensions we offer. Here’s the answer to some FAQs to help you compare.
- The stylist will section off your hair in a straight line where the extensions will be placed.
- The extensions are sandwiched onto either side of your own hair and taped into place.
Keratin Bonded Extensions
Keratin bonded extensions are made up of small bunches of hair with a keratin-based bonding agent at one end. These are becoming more popular due to their resilience and versatility.
- The hairstylist parts your hair in straight rows.
- The extensions are attached to your hair at the root by using a heating tool or ultrasonic waves to melt the keratin bead so that it sticks to the hair.
Beaded Weft Extensions
Beaded weft extensions are a new player in the hair world. They are long strips of hair that are placed strategically around your head.
- The hairstylist separates your hair into straight rows.
- Then the stylist applies the clips of the extensions.
- Using a crochet hook-like tool, the stylist weaves your hair into the beads and clamps them shut with players.
That’s up to you to decide. You know your hair best and what you want to achieve using extensions. If you’re still unsure, or have more specific questions than what I discussed here don’t hesitate to book a free consultation with us and we’ll be happy to help you on your hair journey.
6ixHairExtensions offer three hair extension services:
- tape in extensions
- keratin bonded extensions
- beaded weft hair extensions